Registration and Abstract Submission is now open !
All abstracts submitted by June 14, 2023 are considered for a scholarship. Abstracts are blinded, reviewed, and scored by A-CURE Faculty in the following categories:
- Scientific merit
- Clarity and effectiveness of presentation
- Alignment with the A-CURE meeting goals
To be considered for a scholarship each participant must meet the following criteria:
- The investigator must attend the A-CURE Symposium on August 24, 2023. If the scholarship awardee is unable to attend the A-CURE Symposium, the award will be forfeit and the next highest scoring author will be awarded the scholarship.
- The investigator must present a poster or oral presentation at the A-CURE Symposium.
The following scholarships are available for the 8th A-CURE Symposium:
- Young Investigator Scholarship (Travel expenses to attend A-CURE Symposium + $2,000 honoraria). The Young Investigator Scholarship will be awarded to the author of the highest-scored abstract who is within 8 years of their terminal advanced degree or those enrolled in a program pursuant of such a degree (MD, PhD, MPH, etc.). The awardee will be asked to give a brief talk on their work at the A-CURE Symposium. At the time of abstract submission, please check the appropriate box to confirm entry into the Young Investigator Scholarship competition. In addition to criteria listed above, Young Investigators must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be either first or senior author on the submitted work.
- The date the terminal degree was conferred or the expected conference date must be supplied upon request.
- Best in Research Scholarship (Travel expenses to attend A-CURE Symposium + $2,000 honoraria). The Best in Research Scholarship will be awarded to the author of the highest-scored abstract from all abstract submissions. The awardee will be expected to give a brief talk on their work at the A-CURE Symposium. To be considered for the award, the awardee must meet all the following criteria in addition to the criteria listed above:
- The awardee of the Best in Research cannot also be the recipient of the Young Investigator Scholarship.
- In the case of both scholarship mechanisms identifying the same abstract for the award, the Best in Research Scholarship will then be awarded to the second highest scored overall abstract.
- Research Merit Scholarship (Travel expenses to attend A-CURE Symposium ). Eight (8) Research Merit Scholarships will be award to the authors of the next eight highest-scored abstract that were not awarded either the Young Investigator Scholarship or the Research Merit Scholarship.
Additional award information:
- Honoraria: The honoraria will be awarded at the A-CURE Symposium in the form of a check valued at $2,000.
- Travel Expenses: Travel scholarship will cover reasonable and appropriate travel expenses associated with attending the A-CURE Symposium up to $3,000. Travel arrangements are required to be made through a representative of the meeting sponsor, Abiomed.